2020 brought a surge in online activity as many people started working from home and shopping exclusively online due to COVID. More time spent online has generated new cyber security challenges, and these online vulnerabilities are being preyed upon by bad actors.
Common criminal schemes, such as counterfeit charities, false COVID-19 information, and holiday-themed emails, have been particularly effective this year. In the absence of corporate cyber governance, criminals have had greater success obfuscating malicious emails or malware using tried-and-true social engineering strategies.
As if 2020 wasn’t challenging enough, check out these latest cyber-attack statistics:
- 26% of high-net-worth family offices with assets over $100 million in the United States experienced a cyberattack.
- C-level executives were twelve times more likely to be targeted in social incidents and nine times more likely experience social media breaches than in years past
- Cybercrime is estimated to cost the world $6 trillion annually by 2021
- The average time to identify a breach was 206 days
- The average time to contain a breach was 73 days
- The global average cost of a data breach is $3.9 million
- The country with the highest average total cost of a data breach was the United States at $8.19 million
Do you know where your data is this holiday season?
We believe your privacy is essential.
Concentric360 is designed to manage your online digital information and prevent your most sensitive data from falling into the hands of cyber criminals, activists, stalkers, or adversaries.
In a year that has seen an unprecedented surge in doxxing and cyberattacks, we are thankful to be able to provide services like Concentric360 to our clients.
Our digital security experts target over 290 data aggregation sites, removing linkages to highly sensitive information, including home addresses, SSNs, phones, LLCs, trusts, P.O. boxes, or philanthropic and political donations.
Don’t leave the door open to dangerous vulnerabilities in 2021. With Concentric360, you can hit refresh and block threats to your personal data in 2020.